iPad compliments the Kindle?

I ran across an article today about the iPad and Kindle. While you may know about the Kindle app for the iPod, iPhone and iPad (among other devices) have you thought about owning both and if you will use the Kindle with an iPad? No? Well, time to start thinking about it. :) The article in Computerworld raises that question and makes a good case for both in parallel.

I use my iPod touch with my Kindle now, to look up references and notes while reading, especially on technical or theological reading. I don't yet have the iPad, but if I did, I can imagine continuing that pattern in a deeper way. Among the other points that are raised, the readability of the Kindle vs any other device is still king. I love the Kindle's ability to vanish in your hands while using it - it becomes like a paper book, only lighter and easier, and avoids the problems typical of electronics such as heat, battery life and glare. I do like the iPod for short stints reading and to bridge the times I don't have my Kindle, but for long reading sessions, the Kindle is the best.

Read the article yourself and see what you think, and if you already have both, let me know how close the author is.

No comments:

Post a Comment