The example of love

When Jesus came to this earth, He had a choice. He could come in fully realized power and glory and make things right, or he could come in weakness and love. He chose weakness. I believe that this is the model for love. Let me be clear on this, weakness in this sense does not speak of lack of will or passion, rather a conscious choice to restrain untold power in favor of taking on a mantle of humility.

God chose to provide an example of Love for us to follow that is impossible to measure up to. Love is one thing that cannot be forced. Love cannot be mandated. Love is a result of an overwhelming emotion. Love is the ultimate emotion that can motivate behavior more powerfully than any other influence.

I believe that this is why He chose weakness. He made it a choice, and not an easy one at that, but a choice that would change the world. He created a community that personified sacrificial love as He was love.

1 comment:

  1. Joh 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

    I wonder what it would look like in my life if I were to walk in this same love. How would I relate to those around me, to those without power?
    I find it much easier to do the work of serving until I find people treating me like a servant.
    Wanderer191

    ReplyDelete