Thanksgiving was a success

My sister and her family came down for Thanksgiving this year - a great thing about which I am very happy. I rarely get to see them, and Tommy, her husband, is who my youngest boy is named after. Seeing them here was a perfect gift, even if we missed our sister Beth and her family and our parents, all of whom were in Michigan celebrating the holiday.

We started the cooking the night before and since the babies were up anyway, I got the turkey going at around 5 am, though it didn't make it into the oven until over an hour later. It was good to see the kids together. As they all grow up and head off to college, I hope we can continue getting together but I will enjoy every bit we have now! Jimmy worked but I got off early so I picked him up before they got here and we had the whole gang together again - a day worthy of Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment