Black Friday Shopping

So we did it - we went out black Friday shopping! We typically go to Sams Club first since they usually have a few things we want, are WAY less crazy then all the other stores and have a free breakfast and coffee for the members. We got the items on our list plus my impulse purchase of the iPod touch for myself - merry Christmas me! We even avoided the larger impulse purchase of the flat screen for the basement, preferring to wait on that until after we remodel. I'm sure at some point we will cave and buy it, but let's at least get the new stand built and some reconfiguring done.

I filled my usual role at the other stores with deals - going to the checkout line to hang out and chat up all the other suckers there with me while Jess shopped for bargains. All in all, the morning was a success I suppose and we made it home in one piece with all our loot for the kids. We are really looking forward to watching the babies open their presents this year! The sense of wonder they have when they open things is amazing and such a joy to see.

On a loosely related note, (to the shopping, not the babies) I hit upon a business opportunity. A roving bar that sets up outside womens dressing rooms for the men. I think it would be a hit and we even figured out the equipment setup while shopping. Now to get a "Roving liquor license". hmmm - I think I found a snag in my plans.

2 comments:

  1. Jim,

    What was the price on the ipod touch? Amazon is selling them today only for $158. If it is a good deal, you might think about returning the one from Sams and pick this one up instead?

    -- Dan Ottey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the 64g model so no savings over the Sams price. Thanks for the suggestion though!

    ReplyDelete