Another adjustment

I'm sitting at the table, having a coffee and playing a game of cards with Jimmy and Jess, when I feel something wet on my leg... I forgot to mention, I'm also holding Tommy who is insistent he is going to help me with either my coffee or my cards. Oh - and I also forget to mention that I had just gone through the prep process for his tube, cleaning it, checking the PH, changing the diaper and so on.

So back to the story, I look down and realize my entire thigh and Tommy's lower half  are soaked - arghhh. Further investigation realizes it is not the usual suspect - a faulty or over full diaper. No... it's the tube cap, once again, coming free from the confines of the tape - freeing itself from the confines of the sticky white medical tape and draining the contents of Tommy's tummy on my leg. It's like it has a mind of it's own.

You might question my taping job - no, it was magnificent, the very epitome of taping genious. Ok, that might be a stretch, but I did put a lot of tape on the valve for it to only last 5 minutes. So you can guess that Jess taped the next one once I cleaned him up, un-taped the tube from his onsie, so on and so forth and got him re-dressed. 

He is now sleeping happily in his bed, getting pumped back full of very expensive calories which I really hope will make him big and strong and healthy. You just never know what to expect around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment