The Christian Church culture

Referencing my earlier post about living an insulated Christian life, I feel compelled to comment a little bit further on the Christian vernacular. Sometime ago I was between churches and as a result had an opportunity to attend a fairly wide variety of different churches. One thing that really struck me was the language of the Church. At times, despite growing up a part of a church, I felt something of an alien. I suppose I've spent enough time outside of a church that what may seem to be completely normal to one immersed in the Christian Church culture, to me still seems at times foreign. I hang out with friends to eat and talk and I call that eating and talking, not fellowship. I'm still not completely sure what all the terms mean and I'm fairly certain I don't need to know. I think we need to make an effort to avoid creating our own Christian subculture, rather work on being a light in the culture we are part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment