Careful what you ask for

Right now, Im composing this post on my smartphone using the hospitals wireless network while I lay in my bed. It's 6 something in the morning. I was praying the other day for a renewed closeness with God. Not that I was distant or anything, I was just looking for more. Maybe this is His answer. ;)

Nothing deepens a relationship like dependence, right? I thought the days with this illness were behind me but maybe I just needed a little reminder that there is a bigger picture I'm a part of. Reference my earlier post - what's my role? For now I think, it is to be thankful for grace and strength. What a gift we have.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy,

    I love you so much, and as much as it concerns all of us who love you to see you go through this part of your journey, to hear you express your thoughts in this way can only bring me joy (plus I'm crying just a little).
    This search for more, for intimacy with God and pushing through the baggage we all have accumulated, has been such a part of my life, as well, these past few years.
    I love you and know that all of our prayers are with you and you "Be still and know that [He] is God."
    Amy

    ReplyDelete