Love the e-Books

Recently, while traveling, I tried out our Sony eBook reader. It is a nice little device that belongs to my wife, but she shares - thanks love. The device I used was the PRS-300 in pink. Overall, there are tweaks that I would make but for my first time with an eBook reader, I was pleasantly surprised. Now for those of you who know me well, you know I have had my eye on the kindle since it came out, and now that the DX is here, I am almost at the tipping point to buy one.

Not being 100% sure about the eBook thing, my experience with the Sony has sold me. I forgot I was using e-ink and got lost in the books. I also brought along travel documents, some presentations to review and a couple of PDF documents I wanted to read. The positive is that the books read great! I am sold on that concept. The con to the Sony was that it confirmed my concern about the other media, meaning for anything other then the eBooks, it was tough.

Of course, this is why I have been waiting on the DX and it's larger screen size, so that also confirms that position as do the reviews I have been reading. Once the acquisition happens and I get my buyout, I think I may splurge on one finally.

If and when I cave and order it, I will post my impressions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment