Helpful tools for image work

I enjoy photography, and I like playing around in photoshop a bit so I run into a need for a few additional tools

  • I need a good batch editor that can copy my RAW files from my D-90 to JPG with a high level of control.
    • Meet IrfanView, the most simple, powerful FREE tool I have found.
  • Knowing what fonts you have and what they look like at a glance is a huge timesaver and I looked a while for this one.
  • To browse my galleries of images and launch the target images directly in photoshop, I like the integration of Windows Live photo gallery.

There are a handful more I will post about later, but it's amazing what's out there for free. I have an older version of photoshop and am looking forward to one day soon upgrading to the latest suite, but for now, this is working great. Here is the latest work in progress, I am making a poster for my son who is a Lacrosse (LAX) defense man.

I got the quote from looking around the net for lacrosse terms, and I got the Wildcat logo using a logo from one of the U13 sites as a base, then cloning it and making it vector art so I could scale it, selecting the resulting skeleton and dropping in the red fill. If I was a better free hand artist like my sister, I am sure I could have whipped something cool up, but this will do I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment