Budapest

The conference went well and I got a solid response on my talk. The morning talks all pointed toward foundational needs for deploying these solutions and set up the discussion quite well.

Today, I caught a talk from Nico Adams, of Cambridge University, regarding the Semantic Web. It was a good talk and what really got me was that this was a follow on to a great talk by Randy Julian, CEO of Indigo BioSystems, at the AAPS earlier in the week on a very similar note, and also followed on the meeting I had with Jim Karkanias at Microsoft regarding their information strategy and the thinking behind the Amalga platform. While they are all on different paths, they are headed in similar directions and the thinking trend is toward data management at the atomic level. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment