Introducing the Solar Tree

Because real trees just are not effecient enough...

I just read an article on solar trees - see the link below. The idea is that these "trees" will use solar panels to charge batteries that will power street lights, thereby reducing power use in the city and reducing the overall carbon footprint. It does seem to beg the question, what about the real trees and their negative carbon footprint? Are we replacing CO2 processing trees with plastic trees to reduce rather then eliminate green house gasses? A single tree is a pretty efficient carbon dioxide processing plant. Maybe some combination of real trees and street lamps would be ok. I guess something just rubs me the wrong way about calling these "trees".

Check it out for yourself by reading Introducing the Solar Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete