What are your gifts?

Ephesians 4:11-13 (NIV)
11 It was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Reading this, I think it clear that this is not a one time ancient event, rather an ongoing thing happening to all of us as believers. The challenge we have, is to identify the gifts we have been given, and then to use them effectively in ministry to God. What does he need from me? From you?

I think that at the day of reckoning, we will be given a chance to look back on the gifts we have been given and explain just how we used what we were given. I want my report to be a positive one, but I seem to stumble on applying my gifts. Maybe I need to work a little harder on identifying ways to be used by God, or better still, ask Him to help me see.

How about you? What is your gift? Are you using it for Him

No comments:

Post a Comment